Scroll Down to See Jewelry with this Gemstone
Astrological Sign: Sagittarius, Pisces, Scorpio
Chakra: All, especially Throat
Properties of Turquoise are thought to include:
- Enhances communication skills
- Often thought to be the “healer of the Spirit” providing soothing energy and bringing peace of mind
- Balances male/female aspects of ones character
- Brings forth qualities of mental clarity and spiritual clarity
- Increases psychic powers
- Acts to strengthen the entire anatomy and was used to withdraw dis-eases and disorders
Turquoise is an opaque, light to dark blue or blue-green gem. The finest color is an intense blue. Turquoise may contain narrow veins of other materials either isolated or as a network. They are usually black, brown, or yellowish-brown in color. Known as the matrix, these veins of color are sometimes in the form of an intricate pattern, called a spider web. To improve its color and durability, turquoise is commonly permeated with plastic, a permanent enhancement. It is also sometimes permeated with colorless oil or wax, which is not a permanent enhancement. Some turquoise is dyed to improve its color, but rarely, as this is not a permanent enhancement.
Turquoise has been sacred to many cultures around the world, Especially with Native Americans and Tibetans, thought to bring the blue of the Father Sky to the Earth and melding together the energies of the heavens with the consciousness of Mother Earth. Often worn as protection and used during ceremony to ward against negative energy, danger and even environmental pollutants.
- Our Story
- Special Offerings